TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler 12V 60W
Peltier cooler overview
They consist primarily of semiconductor material sandwiched between ceramic plates and have no moving parts. Hot and cold on both sides with a temperature difference of 68 degrees.
NOTE: Must be used with suitable Heatsink to avoid damage to the Unit
Peltier cooler Features
This cooling piece is very simple to install and use. Before installation, connect to 12V DC power source, you will immediately feel what side of the unit is hot and what side is cold, also note the polarity of the power leads, The cold side must be on the unit you want to cool and the hot side on the heat sink side. This unit uses 60W power at 12V so your power supply must be able to handle at least 6A.
TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler Specifications
- Model: TEC1-12706
- Size: 40mm x 40mm x 4mm
- Operates from 0~15.2V DC and 0~6A, in a good condition with a heat sink, current will rise to 4A.
- Operates Temperature: -30 to 70
- Max power consumption: 60 Watts
- These devices must be used together with a heat sink to avoid burn in 2 seconds after power up
- Fitted with 6-inch insulated leads
- The side with words is the cooling side, and the other side is the warm side.