What the kit Includes:
- Raspberry Pi4 B 4GB
- 32GB SD Card (Preloaded with Raspbian)
- HDMI Cable
- Power Supply
- Raspberry Pi4 Case with fan
Raspberry Pi 4 Description
The Raspberry Pi4 Model B is the latest product in the popular Raspberry Pi range of computers. It offers ground-breaking increases in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory, and connectivity. This is compared to the prior-generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ while retaining backward compatibility and similar power consumption. For the end-user, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B provides desktop performance comparable to entry-level x86 PC systems.
This product’s key features include:
- a high-performance 64-bit quad-core processor
- dual-display support at resolutions up to 4K via a pair of micro-HDMI ports
- hardware video decode at up to 4Kp60
- up to 8GB of RAM
- dual-band 2.4/5.0 GHz wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet
- USB 3.0
- PoE capability (via a separate PoE HAT add-on).
The dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth have modular compliance certification. Allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced compliance testing. Therefore, improving both cost and time to market.
Raspberry Pi4 Specifications
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- Memory: 1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4 (depending on model)
- Connectivity: 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless
- LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE Gigabit Ethernet, 2 × USB 3.0 ports, 2 × USB 2.0 ports.
- GPIO: Standard 40-pin GPIO header (fully backward-compatible with previous boards)
- Video & Sound: 2 × micro HDMI ports (up to 4Kp60 supported), 2-lane MIPI DSI display port, 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port, 4-pole stereo audio, and composite video port
- Multimedia: H.265 (4Kp60 decode); H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode); OpenGL ES, 3.0 graphics
- SD card support: Micro SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- Input power: 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A1), 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A1)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)–enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Environment: Operating temperature 0–50oC
- Compliance: For a full list of local and regional product approvals, please visit https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/conformity.md
- Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B will remain in production until at least January 2026.
More info on the Pi4 available at https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-4-on-sale-now-from-35/
If your new Raspberry Pi 4 is not displaying anything but is booting:
Please change the following settings in the /boot/config.txt setting. You can access these settings in a few ways.
- Using another display to access the file: Sudo nano /boot/config.txt
- Insert the SD card into a computer/laptop and open the boot partition
Uncomment and change or add to the bottom of the file:
hdmi_safe=1 hdmi_force_hotplug=1 hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=81 (or 39 this will depend on the type of display) config_hdmi_boost=9 dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d max_framebuffers=2
Not all of these settings may be necessary, this will again depend on your type of display. However, adding them all and removing them one by one will help find the ones you may need.