IR Remote And Power Button Module Kit For Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi doesn’t include any kind of shutdown button. So the only way to power it off is by unplugging it from the power supply. To make sure you get no corruption of your data files on the SD card you should shut down the Raspberry before powering it off. So the whole procedure can be a bit annoying especially if you want to use the Raspberry as some kind of embedded PC.
IR Remote And Power Button Module Kit For Raspberry Pi Features:
- Sending a shutdown signal to the Raspberry if the Shutdown Button is pressed
- Powering off the Raspberry after save shutdown
- Powering on the Raspberry after the Button is pressed again
- LED light indicating the current state: On / Shutdown / Off
- Easy to setup
- Dimension: 65mm x 30 mm x 20mm
GPIO’s used on this board:
Function BCM RPi
Disk Status 21 Pin 40
Shut Down 24 Pin 18
PWR Status 26 Pin 37
GND N/A Pin 6/9/14/20/25/30/34/39
5V 5V Pin 2/4
How to use the IR Remote And Power Button Module Kit For Raspberry Pi :
Do NOT connect your power supply to Raspberry Pi, Please connect it to Power Button directly.
1. Remove your TF card and connect it to your PC or laptop with TF card adapter.
2. Modify /boot/config.txt file as following:
device_tree=bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb dtoverlay=power-off,gpiopin=26 dtoverlay=pi3-act-led,gpio=21
3. Download shell script:
$sudo apt-get install -y wiringPi $cd ~ $git clone #https://github.com/yoyojacky/powerbuttom.git $cd ~/powerbuttom $sudo mv ~/powerbuttom/gpioshutdown /etc/init.d/ $sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/gpioshutdown $sudo vim.tiny /etc/rc.local Add this two lines before exit 0 gpio mode 25 out gpio write 25 1
4. Reboot your Raspberry Pi and plug power button on your RPi, press the button to test.