Arduino Wifi shield ESP13 ESP8266
What might not be obvious at first is that this shield has breakout pins for both the Arduino and the ESP controller.
The lefthand side of the shield have breakout pins from the Arduino and each pin have a 5V and GND next to it for easy hooking up of sensors etc.
The right side of the shield have pinouts for the GPIO pins of the ESP chip, each pin has a 3.3V and ground pin next to it for easy connecting of sensors and so on.
It also has break-out pins for analog pins and UART.
Arduino Wifi shield features
- WiFi module is an industrial-grade ESP8266, which is ESP-12E with metal shield, strong anti-interference ability;
- Shield is pin-compatible with Arduino Uno, Mega2560 and other control board. A voltage converter chip is used to deal with 3.3V (Esp8266) and 5V (Arduino);
- Dual DIP switches are used for serial ports so that this module shield can be used alone as an Arduino Uno expansion board, and also be used as ESP8266 expansion board;
- Serial data is transported to WiFi device transparently, and vice versa. Arduino programs do not need any configuration;
- WebServer is developed to configure WiFi parameters and serial port parameters;
- The module shield can be used as an independent ESP8266 development board. for instance, downloading the official AT commands firmware, NodeMCU open source firmware can be used;
- The module shield also can be used as a stand-alone expansion board for Arduino Uno.
- For more references about Doit serial WiFi module expansion board, driver board information, please refer to: http://www.doit.am
Arduino Wifi shield Technical Specifications
- 802.11 b / g / n wireless standards;
- STA / AP modes support ;
- TCP / IP protocol stack, One socket;
- Supports standard TCP / UDP Server and Client;
supports serial port baud rate configuration:
- 1200/2400/4800/9600/19200/38400/57600/74800/115200 bps;
- Supports serial data bits: 5/6/7/8 bits;
- Supports serial parity: none;
- Supports serial stop bits: 1/2 bit;
- Pin-compatible with Arduino UNO, Mega;
- Arduino Pinouts: 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13;
- ESP8266 GPIO Pinouts: 0/2/4/5/9/10/12/13/14/15/16 / ADC / EN / UART TX / UART RX;
- KEY button: modes configuration;
- Dual-Ports DIP switches: switching Arduino and ESP8266;
- WiFi operation current: continuous transmission operation: ≈70mA (200mA MAX), idle mode:<200ua;< span=””> Serial WiFi transmission rate: 110-460800bps;
- Temperature: -40℃ ~ + 125 ℃;
- Humidity: 10%-90% non-condensing;
- Weight: about 20g;